Country Furniture and Homewares. Hand Crafted Locally from Reclaimed Wood. Free UK Shipping All Orders Over £50

Amazing Places with Horseshoe in their Name

We love all things equestrian and it is one of the reasons we use horseshoes in many of our pieces.  There are even places that you can visit with horseshoe in their name, so we thought we would share a few.    Unfortunately we haven't yet been able to visit them all.


Horseshoe Bend – Arizona, USA

Horseshoe Bend Arizona

Horseshoe Bend is a horseshoe-shaped incised meander of the Colorado River.  It can be found in the Glen Canyon National Recreation area in Page, near Arizona.

Horseshoe Bend’s rock walls have a variety of minerals, including hematite, platinum, and garnet. The overlook is 4,200 feet above sea level, and the Colorado River is 3,200 feet above sea level, which gives this scenic view a breathtaking 1,000 foot drop. 


Horseshoe Pass – Wales, UK

Horseshoe Pass Wales

Horseshoe pass is located in Denbighshire, Wales, and is a mountain pass.  It separates Llantysilio Mountain to the west from the 1,854 feet)mountain and Marilyn Cyrn-y-Brain to the east. The A542 road from Llandegla to Llangollen runs through the pass, reaching a maximum height of 1,368 ft. The road travels in a horseshoe shape around the sides of a valley.

This route dates from 1811, when a turnpike road was constructed across the area.

There is a cafe at its highest point called the Ponderosa.  The pass it known for its scenic views along the road.  It is a popular place for walkers, hikers and cyclists.


Horseshoe Falls – Canada

Horseshoe Falls Niagara

 The Horseshoe Falls are also known as the Canadian Falls and is located between Terapin Point on Goat Island in New York, and Table Rock in Ontario.  It is one of three waterfalls that run collectively form Niagara Falls on the Niagara River along the Canada-United States border and is the largest.  Approximately 90% of the Niagara River, after diversions for hydropower generators, flows over Horseshoe Falls.  The remaining 10% flows over American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls.  


Horseshoe Falls – Wales, UK

Horseshoe Falls LLangollen

Horseshoe Falls is a weir on the River Dee near Llantysilio Hall in Denbighshire, Wales and is about 3 miles from Llangollen. 

The weir is 460 feet long and has a distinctive shape.  It helps create a pool of water that can enter the Llangollen Canal, via an adjacent valve house and flow meter.

The canal west of Pontcysylite Aqueduct and the construction of the weir were authorised by an Act of Parliament obtained in 1804 by the Ellesmere Canal Company. The canal was a navigable feeder, which supplied water to the Ellesmere Canal beyond Pontcysyllte, and to the Chester Canal.   The canal and feeder were completed in 1808 and designed by Thomas Telford.

Since 2009, the weir has been part of a World Heritage Site, which covers 11 miles of the Llangollen Canal from just west of Horseshoe Falls to just beyond Chirk Aqueduct.


  • 카지노사이트 바카라사이트 온라인카지노 온라인바카라 온라인슬롯사이트 카지노사이트게임 카지노사이트검증 카지노사이트추천 안전카지노사이트 안전카지노사이트도메인 안전한 카지노사이트 추천 바카라사이트게임 바카라사이트검증 바카라사이트추천 안전바카라사이트 안전바카라사이트도 안전한 바카라사이트




Leave a comment